What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Friday, December 6, 2013

Forever Hambo Friends!!

This week is the start of a new challenge here at the Hambo Hoedown. The challenge is to make a winter bookmark. For my project I used the SNOWMAN BIRD digi image on one side, and the BOOKMARK-DISCLAIMER digi image on the flip side. I decided to do my own background for this, as I am really getting into my acrylic paint effects at the moment. They are great to do background papers because they are so opaque. If you don't like one bit, you just paint over it. Sooooo much fun and quite therapeutic!! Here is how my bookmark turned out...
I painted my background on a sheet of A4 paper, left it to dry, put it through the printer to print the bookmark disclaimer, then cut it to my desired shape, fussy cut the Snowman Bird image then stuck him on -- along with a couple of die cut snowflakes. Here is a quick demo on how I achieved the background with my acrylics....


I started off by sponging Docrafts Lagoon acrylic paint onto my cardstock with some cut 'n dry foam.










Then I added some baby blue, blending it into the lagoon as I went down. I then sponged some white on the top and bottom, again blending lightly as the colors merged.












Next I stamped the TINY SNOWFLAKE with the pearl ice blue paint.









And finally gave it a spritz and a couple of flicks with the white paint.










So go ahead and join in the bookmark challenge!! It is so much fun and there are prizes up for grabs!! I look forward to seeing all your fabulous creations....Jane


1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Wow! You make it sound so easy! I absolutely love how it turned out!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie