What is a pig's scariest movie?
Hamityville Horror


Sunday, November 10, 2013

I'M ALL SHOOK UP!

elvis_presley_35119-1600x1200
I had such a great time playing along with this year's Splitcoast Hope You Can Cling To challenges. They were so fun, and so original, and so inspirational!

The challenge I made this card for was to be inspired in some way by Elvis. You could use an image of Elvis or the idea of his sequined costumes or even the words or title of one of his many songs to inspire you; something, anything inspired by the King of Rock 'n' Roll...

This was so much fun. I dug through Hambo's images and laughed as I kept finding a great image that could be "Elvis'y" but I finally chose the one that made me laugh the most...If you didn't read the title could you figure it out?
Hambo Hammertime
I decided to use an image called Hammer Time. This little jack hammering construction worker is out doing his job and is ALL SHOOK UP! To add to my fun "Elvis" theme, I made a "shaker" card filled with little micro beads to look like whatever he is hammering. I also used the sentiment from Hambo's Rattler image - "What's Shakin?"

As some of you know, I L-O-V-E interactive cards and OMGoodness! I literally need to make another one so that I still have one to play with after I send this one to MD Anderson (hahaha!)

I hope you had an opportunity to play along with the Hope You Can Cling To challenges this year. It was for such a worthy cause and it inspired such camaraderie among the stampers who participated. I love that Hambo could play a part in it!!

Recipe for my card:
  • Stamps: Hammer Time and Rattler digi images by Hambo Stamps
  • Paper: Terra Cotta Tile by Papertrey Ink, Kraft Core by TIm Holtz and DP is Little Yellow Bicycle - Acorn Hollow
  • Ink: Copics - C0, C1, C3, C5, C7, C9, W9, E40, E42, E44, YR04, YR07, Y15, Y17, Y19, E00, E11, E21, B21, B23, B24
  • Other: Spellbinder circle and scalloped circle dies, thick foam, acetate, Martha Stewart Micro beads, Twine, bronze dots, Window and Label punch by Stampin' Up, Steampunk embossing folder by Tim Holtz
Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to check out this weeks Hoedown if you haven't had the chance. They are always fun and prizes are on the line!

~Lyn

5 comments:

Kris B said...

Love this shaker card! So cool!!

Jeannie said...

So fun! Love the embossed paper and the fact that it's a shaker card!

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

Deborah Anton said...

Very cool Lyn!! I love it being a shaker card!

Judy Rozema said...

You are one clever girl!! So cute!

Monica Hunter said...

So funny Lyn! What a great idea to use this image with a shaker card. Brilliant!